About PACE USA
For cancer patients, their families and caregivers, there is no such thing as "too fast" when it comes to receiving new treatments and potential cures. And while we all hope that the breakthrough that will end cancer is found soon, the reality is that incremental steps may be able to save, prolong, or improve the quality of many people's lives, right now. Each step helps us better understand cancer and potentially leads to a cure.
Yet, progress in cancer care does not happen in a vacuum. Public policy and health care decisions influence how new medicines are discovered and how patients access them. Unfortunately, many of these decisions have yet to catch up with this latest global scientific and medical understanding of cancer. But with your help, there is something we can do about it.
- Patients need access to innovative treatments and therapies for cancer. Many policies don't recognize that some treatments can be tailored to an individual—a treatment that does not work for one patient might work for another;
- Aspects of the regulatory process are built for how we discovered new medicines in the 20th century, not the 21st. We need a regulatory environment that encourages innovation, while protecting patients' safety;
- We must continue to invest in innovative cures and treatments. Progress can't stop here.
That's why we created PACE. We want to encourage public policies and health care decisions that speed the development of new medicines, assure that cancer treatments respond to the needs and qualities of individual patients, and improve patient access to the most effective cancer medicines. We believe that through science, education, advocacy, and collaboration, we can build momentum that leads to real cures and new treatments for cancer, today...and tomorrow.
The war on cancer is far from over, and we must work together to change how cancer is treated.
Faster steps forward | towards cures for cancer and access to best treatment and care for individual patients.
- Encourage public policies and health care decisions that speed the development of new medicines.
- Assure cancer treatments respond to the needs and qualities of individual patients.
- Improve patient access to the most effective cancer medicines.
We believe that through patient participation, science, education, and collaboration, we can take faster steps forward towards cures for cancer and access to the best treatments and care for individual patients.
PACE, a Lilly Oncology initiative, stands for Patient Access to Cancer care Excellence. PACE is a global initiative that exists to encourage public policies and health care decisions that speed the development of new medicines, promote rapid learning from patient experiences, and assure that cancer treatment and care responds to the needs and qualities of individual patients.
Cancer innovation is by nature a step-by-step process, but it need not be slow. While cancer is better understood today than ever before, we have much progress to make. PACE is dedicated to encouraging the policy decisions that support the continuation of medical innovation and ensure patient access to the most effective cancer treatments. To that end, we will collaborate with patients, advocates, thought leaders, and our Global Council to encourage public policies and health care decisions that speed the development of new medicines and improve outcomes for cancer patients.
PACE aims to be transparent about its support and its intentions. Please note:
- Initial financial support for PACE is provided by Lilly Oncology, a division of Eli Lilly and Company.
- Lilly Oncology's interests in PACE are to encourage cross-sector consensus on policy reforms that improve cancer care and treatment, and to preserve an environment in which innovation against cancer can flourish.
- PACE does not dispense medical advice or endorse any medical treatments, providers, practices, or institutions.
About Eli Lilly and Company
Lilly is a global healthcare leader that unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We were founded more than a century ago by a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that meet real needs, and today we remain true to that mission in all our work. Across the globe, Lilly employees work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. To learn more about Lilly, please visit us at www.lilly.com and http://newsroom.lilly.com/social-channels.
About Lilly Oncology
For more than fifty years, Lilly has been dedicated to delivering life-changing medicines and support to people living with cancer and those who care for them. Lilly is determined to build on this heritage and continue making life better for all those affected by cancer around the world. To learn more about Lilly’s commitment to people with cancer, please visit www.LillyOncology.com.